Segmentation fault in __uClibc_main on m68k

Rich Felker dalias at libc.org
Sun May 31 07:14:44 UTC 2015

On Sat, May 30, 2015 at 01:28:42PM +0300, Max Filippov wrote:
> On Sat, May 30, 2015 at 1:12 PM, Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:
> > I see a qemu-system-xtensa so might give that a try too.
>
> Please do. I'd be happy to answer any questions.
> I also hope to port musl to xtensa this year.

Would you like to be involved in binfmt/toolchain discussions going on
now? My plan for nommu support with musl is to start with plain ELF,
ET_DYN (PIE) form only, with both static and dynamic linking
supported. This gives behavior identical to MMU-ful archs, but of
course with no text sharing. Then we can add FDPIC as needed to get
shared text; this requires both toolchain support and library/dynamic
linker runtime changes in musl. With musl being something of a clean
slate and aiming for minimal arch-specific code, I really don't want
to carry forward legacy binfmts and associated support code, but I do
want to understand if there are any particular properties of existing
binfmts/ABIs/etc. that are important to developers/users, and I'd
like to hear if you have any input on this from the Xtensa side.

Rich