Building uClibc with seperate object directory

Steve Ellcey sellcey at imgtec.com
Tue Jan 27 19:26:29 UTC 2015

I was wondering if anyone else builds uClibc with a seperate object
directory using the O=<object directory> option?  I use this, partly
because I come from the GCC world where a seperate object directory
is required and partly because I build multiple uClibc libraries
for different ABI's and want to put them in different locations.

This was working for me several months ago but I think it is
currently broken.  The failure mode I get is compilation errors
while compiling ldso.c (UCLIBC_LDSO not defined) but the underlying
problem seems to be the use of the O= option.  If I leave this out
and build uClibc in the source directory then everything works fine.

Steve Ellcey
sellcey at imgtec.com