Question - intention of UCLIBC_BUILD_NOEXECSTACK?

Andrew McDonnell bugs at andrewmcdonnell.net
Mon Sep 15 12:37:43 UTC 2014

On 27/08/14 05:31, Khem Raj wrote:
<snipped>

>> I cannot reproduce this with binutils-gdb 2.24.51.20140818.
>> Can you try with binutils 2.24 or later please?
>
> Are you trying OE binutils ? we have backported a patch into it for
> textrels

If that be this file:
ftp://sourceware.org/pub/binutils/snapshots/binutils-2.24.51.tar.bz2 I will be
attempting to use it shortly

In the meantime, I confirmed the problem happens with binutils from:

https://releases.linaro.org/13.12/components/toolchain/binutils-linaro/binutils-linaro-2.24-2013.12.tar.xz

when used in conjunction with OpenWRT + mips + uClibc 0.9.33.2, but not with
binutils 2.22-8 from Debian Wheeyz amd64 .  So I am also going to try and
build openWRT with trunk uClibc and see if that fixes the problem

thanks,
Andrew