Question - intention of UCLIBC_BUILD_NOEXECSTACK?

Andrew McDonnell bugs at andrewmcdonnell.net
Wed Oct 1 22:44:59 UTC 2014

On 02/10/14 00:59, Bernhard Reutner-Fischer wrote:> On 1 October 2014 16:34,
Andrew McDonnell <bugs at andrewmcdonnell.net> wrote:
 >> (Sorry I didnt get back for a while)
 >>
 >> After quite a journey I managed to work out how patch OpenWRT BB to build
 >> using uClibc snapshot 2014097 and sourceware binutils 20140918.
 >>
 >> For a MIPS target, all the symptoms remain:
 >
 > Do you use a plain gcc?
 >
 > You might want to look at
 > https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2014-09/msg02430.html
 > (for example).

I will have to try that - OpenWRT is using gcc4.8-linaro and the the same .S
files in there dont have the GNU-stack section this patch adds.

I have asked on the OpenWRT list if others can repeat my results.

thanks for your help
--Andrew