KERNEL_HEADERS

Vijay Pasapuleti vijaypas at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 23:34:32 UTC 2014

I am trying to cross compile uClibc for the arm platform. What should
KERNEL_HEADERS point to?

When I try to point to the 'include' folder in my kernel source tree, the
generation of sysnum.h (include/bits) fails. The script
gen_bits_syscall_h.sh fails with the error:

<stdin>:1:24: error: asm/unistd.h: No such file or directory
<stdin>:1-24: error: asm/unistd.h: No such file or directory

The file unistd.h is in arch/arm/include/asm. Changing KERNEL_HEADERS to
point to linux/arch/arm/include resolves this issue but the rest of the
uClibc build fails. At which point, setting KERNEL_HEADERS back to
'include' in the linux source tree the build process continues and
completes. Once sysnum.h is generated, it does not get rebuilt and
therefore subsequent builds complete until after the next 'make clean' at
which point the process has to be repeated.

Also, the asm folder is absent in include folder. I have symlinked it to
arch/arm/include/asm in the kernel source tree.