update unifdef causing partial header generation and

Vineet Gupta Vineet.Gupta1 at synopsys.com
Tue Jan 7 11:10:50 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 07 January 2014 02:59 PM, Bernhard Reutner-Fischer wrote:
> On 3 January 2014 05:53, Vineet Gupta <Vineet.Gupta1 at synopsys.com> wrote:
>> On Monday 23 December 2013 07:46 PM, Bernhard Reutner-Fischer wrote:
>>
>>> I am looking into that issue.
>>
>> Happy New Year to all.
>>
>> Bernhard if you are busy, can you please revert the offending patch for now so
>> that Trunk/tip works again.
> It works for me.
> Is there a way you can reproduce it reliably?

Yes always happens for me.

> What version/patches of make do you use?

GNU Make 3.81 (Ubuntu 13.10 64bit)
gcc version 4.8.1 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.8.1-10ubuntu9)

> How does the mis-generated file look like?

Previously (32bit Ubuntu 13.04) partial headers were infact being generated. Now
after my laptop reinstall, the headers seem to be fine (atleast at the point of
error) - it's just seems to be mis-parsing some of them incorrectly.

------------------->8-----------------------------
./extra/scripts/unifdef -B -t -f .//include/generated/unifdef_config.h -U_LIBC
-U__UCLIBC_GEN_LOCALE -U__NO_CTYPE include/bits/uClibc_config.h
#if !defined _FEATURES_H && !defined __need_uClibc_config_h
# error Never include <bits/uClibc_config.h> directly; use <features.h> instead
unifdef: include/bits/uClibc_config.h: 3: Inappropriate #endif
unifdef: output may be truncated

I debugged it a bit and it seems removing -t option to unifdef seems to elide the
issue.
Attached are my symbol file and the src file - see if u can reproduce it at your end.

-Vineet