RFC: Proposal for a patch that changes multilib linker scripts.

Steve Ellcey sellcey at mips.com
Fri Apr 25 16:17:49 UTC 2014

(Resending because earlier email bounced.)

On Thu, 2014-04-24 at 13:30 +0200, Bernhard Reutner-Fischer wrote:

> What you could of course do (in your own build-script) is to just
> have separate uClibc_config.h per-multiarch, prepend that to your
> default search-list and share all other headers in one common dir,
> iff that works for your set of multi-arches, of course. I doubt that you
> can generally do that though, can you?
>
> thanks,

It would work for my multilibs, but rather then have multiple
uClibc_config.h files I was thinking of just appending an extra section
on to the end of a single version of uClibc_config.h to override/reset
the variables that are different between the multilibs.  For example I
might append:

#if BYTE_ORDER == BIG_ENDIAN
#define __ARCH_BIG_ENDIAN__ 1
#define __ARCH_WANTS_BIG_ENDIAN__ 1