Doing a release?

Carmelo Amoroso carmelo73 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 05:16:02 UTC 2013

Il 18 settembre 2013 06:49:44 Thomas Petazzoni
<thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com> ha scritto:
> Dear uClibc developers,

Hi Thomas

> The last release of uClibc, 0.9.33.2, has been made well over a year
> ago. However, there is fairly big number of improvements/fixes in the
> master branch that would be interesting to have in a release. At the
> Buildroot level, we now have 53 patches in your patch stack against
> uClibc 0.9.33.2, all coming from the master branch if I'm correct (see
> http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/tree/package/uclibc/0.9.33.2).

At a first look it seems you have there some patches not part of any uclibc
branches ... Likely it would be nice to include them as well.

For sure it's time for a 0.9.33.3 but I do also think that we can start a
0.9.34 release from master.

Bernard what do you think ?

> It'd be really nice if uClibc adopted a slightly more frequent release
> schedule, to more easily allow downstream users to benefit from
> improvements/fixes.

I agree. I know to have been less active recently as my major tasks are
currently on the kernel side and SOC bring up but I'll try to respin my
contribution to uclibc and upstream several patches we have in STMicro branch.

> Thanks a lot!
>
> Thomas

Cheers
Carmelo