Alternatives to Buildroot for Native Compilation and Testing?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Mar 4 04:05:44 UTC 2013

On 02/28/2013 03:17:05 PM, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Are there any alternatives for testing uClibc on the native platform?

Use qemu. I have build scripts and prebuilt binary images:

http://landley.net/aboriginal/about.html
http://landley.net/aboriginal/bin

> I don't need a complete embedded system (which is what Buildroot
> appears to provide). In addition, Buildroot does not provide the
> compiler I want to use.
>
> Lack of familiarity is hindering me. All I want to do is:
>
>   make CC=clang <other CFLAGS>
>   make test
>
> What are the alternatives for building? My apologies for my ignorance.

My system images come with a native gcc+uClibc toolchain. In theory you
could natively build clang on target, but it's not an existing build
option...

(Automated native build stuff is the
http://landley.net/aboriginal/control-images stuff. There's
documentation on the website if you want to go down that rabbit hole...)

Rob