hardened uclibc: security-enhanced, fully featured XFCE4 desktop for amd64, built on uClibc

Natanael Copa natanael.copa at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 12:30:54 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 4:15 PM, Anthony G. Basile <basile at opensource.dyc.edu
> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm forwarding an announcement I made on gentoo-announce at lists.gentoo.**
> org <gentoo-announce at lists.gentoo.org>.  It may be of interest to this
> list too:
>
> I'd like to announce a new (fun?) initiative of the hardened uClibc
> subproject: a security-enhanced, fully featured XFCE4 desktop for amd64,
> built on uClibc, codenamed "Lilblue", after the little blue penguin of New
> Zealand [1], a smaller cousin of the Gentoo.

This sounds very similar to my Alpine Linux[1] project. I have used
linux/grsecurity/uclibc/busybox and xfce/firefox/claws-mail/<lots other
dektop stuff> on both x86_64 and x86 for some years now. Interestingly,
Alpine Linux was originally built with gentoo but switched to its own
arch-like build system.

--
Natanael Copa

[1] http://alpinelinux.org