Help with Make error on Ubuntu 12 (x64)

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 19:05:48 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 1:18 PM, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 02/28/2013 10:15 AM, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Below is from the build process on Ubuntu x86_64:
>>
>> $ uname -a
>> Linux ubuntu-12-x64 3.2.0-38-generic #61-Ubuntu SMP Tue Feb 19
>> 12:18:21 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>>
>> Has anyone encountered similar? Would anyone be able to point out what
>> I might be missing?
>>
>> FWIW, I'm trying to build for a desktop so I can get analysis tools on
>> the library and its test suite.
>
> so I guess you are using native compiler to do that. Wont work
> since most probably your system is glibc based and compiler
> is also configured for that. You are better of cross compiling
> even if its for same architecture. There are bunch of projects
> which can generate cross toolchains for uclibc.
Thanks Khem. Please forgive my ignorance here....

What other projects should I be using? The README and INSTALL does not
mention cross-compile project dependencies for the native platform. In
fact, INSTALL tells me:

  Once you have a valid configuration file, just run
    make
  to compile uClibc.

I believe I have a valid configuration (from `make menuconfig`).

Are there any detailed instructions available that I should be following?

Jeff