Any way to get symbols for backtrace in librt?

Brian Niebuhr BNiebuhr at efji.com
Mon Dec 9 18:51:19 UTC 2013

All -

I am currently trying to move from an arm uclibc toolchain based on buildroot-2010.05 with uClibc-0.9.31 to a crosstool-ng based toolchain with uClibc-0.9.33.2.  In my application I have a number of threads that block on mq_timedreceive, and while debugging with my buildroot toolchain I can see the backtrace on those threads normally.  However on the crosstool-ng toolchain the backtraces for those threads appear to stop at the shared library entry point.

My assumption is that the librt library compiled by crosstool-ng is missing some debug symbols that are in buildroot's librt, but digging around I can't figure out what the difference is.  As far as I can tell, buildroot doesn't set uclibc's DODEBUG configuration setting, and I don't see anything else that would affect this behavior.

Could anyone give me an idea about what I might be missing?  Or if I'm making a mistake, please let me know.  What do I need to do to put enough information in librt so I can successfully backtrace out of it?

Thanks!

Brian

This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it, may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, review, copy or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify us by reply e-mail, and destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading them or saving them to disk. Thank you.