restoring spec docs

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Sat May 5 23:49:41 UTC 2012

On Saturday 05 May 2012 15:01:30 Sedat Dilek wrote:
> On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 8:39 PM, Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo.org> wrote:
> > On Saturday 05 May 2012 06:31:54 Sedat Dilek wrote:
> >> Are in uClibc sources tags (like in Linux-kernel sources) foreseen to
> >> create docs on request?
> >
> > i don't understand what you're asking
> > -mike
>
> By "tags" or "markers" - Sorry, don't know the English technical term
> - I mean something like in [0].
>
> The goal should be something like in [1].
> AFAICS the kernel-doc is created out of the source-tree and further
> converting into other formats like HTML etc..

i'm not sure that's going to happen, and if it did, if it'd be useful.  the
kernel doc case is different because all the APIs they develop are unique to
the kernel.  with uClibc, i don't think there's any functions specific to us.
we implement standards (like POSIX) or functions that other import C libraries
(i.e. glibc) implement.  in either case, there is documentation for those
already readily available on the internet.
-mike