restoring spec docs

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at sunsite.dk
Fri May 4 11:44:07 UTC 2012

>>>>> "Mike" == Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo.org> writes:

 Mike> after moving from svn to git, the docs/ subdir of trunk/ wasn't
 Mike> migrated anywhere.  any suggestions on where to restore these ?
 Mike> i'm not sure we can exclude subdirs when using `git archive`, so
 Mike> we can't add them to the main repo.

>From a quick look at the git archive man page it seems you can actually:

ATTRIBUTES
       export-ignore
           Files and directories with the attribute export-ignore won’t be
           added to archive files. See gitattributes(5) for details.

       export-subst
           If the attribute export-subst is set for a file then git will
           expand several placeholders when adding this file to an archive.
           See gitattributes(5) for details.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard