incorrect print -1 using %hhd

Michael Deutschmann michael at talamasca.ocis.net
Tue Mar 27 22:36:49 UTC 2012

On Tue, 27 Mar 2012, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 March 2012 10:28:29 Andrew Rybchenko wrote:
> > Is it known issue that uClibc 0.9.32 incorrectly prints -1 using
> > %hhd (and %hhi) specifier? The following program:
> please file a bug

No need, this is bug #1783.

It was closed as fixed-in-the-next-release when I reported it against
0.9.31, but somehow the fix hasn't percolated into any release version of
uClibc yet.

The fix is really simple.  Just change the cast from "(char)" to "(signed
char)" in libc/stdio/_load_inttype.c .  The bug was introduced not by any
change in the sourcecode itself, but because the Makefiles started
specifying -funsigned-char everywhere.

---- Michael Deutschmann <michael at talamasca.ocis.net>