Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Thu Mar 22 05:08:05 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 09:16:15AM +0100, Carmelo AMOROSO wrote:
> On 21/03/2012 3.46, harshad poshtiwala wrote:
> > LinkedIn

I'm pretty sure this was not sent intentionally but by a malicious
website that asks for your email password then harvests all your
contacts and spams them...

Of course the lesson to be learned is not to give your email password
to third parties.

And spammy email-harvesting websites like linkedin that want to appear
more professional should learn how to skip mailing lists when they
harvest and spam. It wouldn't be hard for them to have a database of
the address(es) for EVERY public mailing list in the world and avoid
sending to those...

Rich