mdadm bulit with uClibc always fail on '--assemble --scan' (-1 EINVAL (Invalid argument)), the glibc one works.

Piotr Karbowski piotr.karbowski at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 19:25:09 UTC 2012

On 03/16/2012 07:05 PM, Natanael Copa wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 6:33 PM, Piotr Karbowski
> <piotr.karbowski at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
> Not at the office atm.
>
> This happens everytime I boot:
> http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/mkinitfs/tree/initramfs-init.in#n201
>
> You can download and test your self if you want. The mini iso should
> be less than 60MB.
>
> http://alpinelinux.org/downloads

As far as I see you do not ship static mdadm, the apk contain shared one
and mini.iso don't have mdadm in initramfs at all

anyway, I just replaced aboriginal with rootfs image from buildroot and
mdadm *works*. Now I would like to debug it, as the problem is with the
kernel arguments, maybe the headers are to blame? I will need to do a
lot of testing.

Thanks anyway.