mdadm bulit with uClibc always fail on '--assemble --scan' (-1 EINVAL (Invalid argument)), the glibc one works.

Natanael Copa natanael.copa at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 18:05:05 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 6:33 PM, Piotr Karbowski
<piotr.karbowski at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03/16/2012 06:15 PM, Natanael Copa wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 2:55 PM, Piotr Karbowski
>> <piotr.karbowski at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>> We have not had any issues with mdadm on Alpine Linux. We had issues
>> due to a bug in mdadm a year ago or so but that was not related uclibc
>> at all. I use mdadm on my work desktop and various servers. Both x86
>> and x86_64.
>>
>> Is your uclibc configured with large file support?
>

> Indeed it is. Can you check the 'mdadm --assemble --scan' on initramfs
> level?

Not at the office atm.

This happens everytime I boot:
http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/mkinitfs/tree/initramfs-init.in#n201

You can download and test your self if you want. The mini iso should
be less than 60MB.

http://alpinelinux.org/downloads

> Or maybe can you provide me a 32bit static mdadm so I can test in my
> vm if it fail or not. Seems like the binary does work when running on
> 'regular' system, with udev running.

I don't start udev in initramfs. I only have dynamically linked.
You can unpack the alpine linux packages with tar -zxf if you want
test yourself.
http://dl-2.alpinelinux.org/alpine/edge/main/x86/

--
Natanael Copa