[RFC/PATCH] buildsys: cache build flags in vars

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 01:48:52 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 5:11 PM, Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Monday 16 January 2012 18:53:02 Mike Frysinger wrote:
>> On Monday 16 January 2012 18:06:12 Khem Raj wrote:
>> > your code does not handle such a case and unfortunately we use
>> > --sort-sections alignment in uclibc build
>>
>> where ?  i don't see it.
>
> oh, the flag is "--sort-section alignment".  the code already handles spaces by
> replacing them with %.  it does mean you can't have flags/params with % in
> them, but i don't know any that matter.

it handles it for ld but not for gcc driver

"--sort-section alignment" ld option when passed via gcc driver should be
"-Wl,--sort-section -Wl,alignment" in order for it to appear correctly
on linker commandline
but right now uclibc buildsystem will just do "-Wl,--sort-section
alignment" and that makes gcc driver unhappy
since now it treats alignment as an independent option to parse

I saw that you introduced % for passing space in options thats ok.
Although we need
to document it. This works fine for LDFLAGS but not for equivalent
CFLAGS translation
using -Wl