future branch

Bernhard Reutner-Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 23:19:56 UTC 2012

On 18 November 2011 21:00, Bernhard Reutner-Fischer
<rep.dot.nop at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 04:05:36PM -0800, Khem Raj wrote:
>>On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 2:33 PM, Peter Mazinger <ps.m at gmx.net> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> some time ago I started the future branch with the intention to get it into mainstream. The changes there are about 1/4 of what I have to add (~1500 patches left). What is happening with it? Is anyone intending to add anything of it to branch?
>>> If not, my possibilities are limited: start a fork of uclibc or leave (again)...
>>
>>I have them queued up. I have it on a github branch
>>been testing them for a while. If you have some updates please let me know
>>
>>tree is here
>>
>>https://github.com/kraj/uClibc
>
> .plan is to make the next release in early december, so please everybody
> test and report back!
>
> After the release, transplant/merge future to master.

Not exactly early december, i know, but there were prelink-bugs and
real-life interfering at my end, unfortunately.
Still, now we are up to merging future into master and fix the
regressions introduced by future.

Khem, can you perhaps update that branch, or do you (or anybody else
for that matter) think that establishing a future branch in our repo
and tacking the most obvious regressions there makes more sense
instead of stabilizing the out-of-tree repo first, before that?

Opinions?
TIA && cheers -- fore!