Use executable's RPATH in looking up library searching path.

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Fri Sep 23 14:40:06 UTC 2011

On Thursday, September 22, 2011 11:39:24 Filippo ARCIDIACONO wrote:
> When the dynamic linker load and resolve the library dependencies for an
> executable, It should use the executable's rpath as searching path for all
> his needed libraries.

i don't see any justification to back up this statement other than "this is
what glibc does".  i'm honestly not too concerned by that as there are places
already we deviate from glibc behavior by design.  what i do want to know is
what the ELF spec says.  could you look that up (i dont have a copy off hand
and the LF is down still) ?
-mike