"aio" support in uClibc ?

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri Sep 16 21:13:43 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 12:38:38PM +0200, Carmelo AMOROSO wrote:
> On 11/09/2011 12.31, νιкαѕ gαнℓαη wrote:
> > We are using uclibc environment in our embedded project. I am trying to use
> > Qualcom 3G modem in our system. The modem SDK has libraries which are using
> > "aio"  support.
> > In uclibc , I didn't find aio functions. I have seen a aio patch from Cristi
> >  but that only contains stubs of aio functions.
> >
> > Can some point point me to aio implementation in uclibc or some
> > equivalent functionality ?
> >

> No AIO implementation available in uClibc.
>
> is it really needed ?

You might check my AIO implementation in musl and see if it could be
adapted without much effort:

http://git.etalabs.net/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=musl;a=tree;f=src/aio

It's not entirely conformant yet (requests on append-mode/non-seekable
files are not ordered by order of submission, and a few other small
issues) but it should work for most real-world AIO needs.

Rich