timer_create fails (return=-1 errno=0)

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 18:23:35 UTC 2011

I'm trying to run some code that works fine using glibc on an AI32
desktop, but timer_create() is failing with a return value of -1 and
errno of 0 "Success". This is with uClibc 0.9.30.3 (as built by
crosstool-NG 1.12.0 for an ARM9 target.

It looks like it's because uClibc doesn't support SIGEV_THREAD.  At
least that's what I've concluded from looking at the librt code. Is
there any documentation that lists places like this where uClibc
doesn't meet POSIX standards?

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Mr and Mrs PED, can I
                                  at               borrow 26.7% of the RAYON