generalize errno handling

Peter Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Wed Mar 23 15:03:27 UTC 2011

Hi,

> On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 3:35 PM, Peter Mazinger wrote:
> > Hello,
>
> please fix your e-mail client to properly wrap lines

not really doable, as it is a web-client. Will see to use some "normal" email client for the list

> > I would propose to define errno always by __errno_location independently
> of THREADS enabled/disabled (similarly h_errno and res_state).
>
> the point is to not have the overhead of an indirect pointer in the
> non-threaded case.  are you suggesting we force that overhead when it
> is unnecessary ?

yes

The "final" change would be to move __errno_location to an uClibc internal structure. That should help with hidden __errno_location (currently we have different views of this, __uClibc_main.c sees it weak, others hidden, weak and hidden do not like each other, although something is defined weak, it won't ever be overwritable if hidden.

Peter