Can't build m4 or bison with -rc3.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Mar 22 22:08:36 UTC 2011

On 03/20/2011 01:02 AM, Khem Raj wrote:

> > Apply the fixes e.g.

http://git.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded/tree/recipes/bison/bison-2.4.3/uclibc-sched_param-def.patch

Translation: uClibc is permanently broken, and we have no choice but to
start crapping #ifdef uClibc all over other packages to get them to work
with special cases just for us, when in the previous version we could
actually fix uClibc.

Unless that goes upstream into m4 and those maintainers accept the
permanent burden of regression testing against our broken special case,
it's a workaround, not a fix.

Rob