getcontext

William Wagner will_wagner at carallon.com
Thu Mar 17 12:06:57 UTC 2011

On 15/03/2011 16:42, Carmelo AMOROSO wrote:
> On 3/15/2011 5:23 PM, William Wagner wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm experimenting by trying to get google breakpad working under uclibc
>> on x86
>>
>> This requires the getcontext function. I assume it is not in uclibc (I
>> was unable to find it)?
>>
>> Any ideas what would be involved in adding it? The glibc code is fairly
>> impenetrable but it appears to be a platform specific bit of assembler.
>>
> exactly. I've this for SH4 in ST own git (not in the mainline because I
> don't think it's worth to have context handling function in the era of
> threads... but legacy code could still need it).
>
>> Any suggestions welcome.
>>
> You may want to look at ST git for reference
>
> http://git.stlinux.com/?p=stm/uclibc.git;a=commit;h=5bc8059626bea83f157017ba6ed14faea0158089

Thanks Carmelo, this looks like just what I'm after to get me started.
Is this something I should be looking at getting added to master or will
no one be interested?

Thanks
Will

Will Wagner                                     will_wagner at carallon.com
Development Manager                      Office Tel: +44 (0)20 7371 2032
Carallon Ltd, Studio G20, Shepherds Building, Rockley Rd, London W14 0DA