another problem with yesterdays commits

Peter Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Fri Mar 4 15:19:32 UTC 2011

Hello

> 435471db8561e4686e5921b7f719ab6d5a0d06f7 (see "head branch broken (at
> least for sh4)") didn't corrupt my x86 (geode) build-environment, but the
> following one did:
>
> 624be66cb9b350d5c6538fca8592cdb3a4c23d37
> <http://git.uclibc.org/uClibc/commit/?id=624be66cb9b350d5c6538fca8592cdb3a4c23d37>
> try to fix duplicated slashes in the generated lib*.so files
>
> => libs were installed into /usrlib instead of /usr/lib

OK, it seems to be a problem what path we are using
mine are
RUNTIME_PREFIX=""
DEVEL_PREFIX="/usr"
MULTILIB_DIR="/lib" or "/lib64"

this worked for me to achieve what I wanted (no duplicated // in lib*.so)
and install into correct dirs /usr/bin; /usr/include; /usr/lib and /lib

the build seems to break, if one of the below are
RUNTIME_PREFIX="/"
DEVEL_PREFIX="usr"
MULTILIB_DIR="lib"

One possibility would be to revert my patch and make sure on install, that the directory path are at least
RUNTIME_PREFIX "/" MULTILIB_DIR "/"
DEVEL_PREFIX "/" MULTILIB_DIR "/"
MULTILIB_DIR "/" lib{,64} "/"
without caring about duplicates

and strip duplicated // when creating lib*.so and the relative links

Opinions?

My proposal is:
- strip MULTILIB_DIR to have no "/" in it
- strip/modify RUNTIME_PREFIX so that it has at least one "/" at the end
These 2 should take care for compatibility with earlier configs

now there are 3 places where this should be taken into account:
- interp.c (currently this ignores the setting of HARDWIRED_ABSPATH)
- ascii lib*.so (avoiding duplicate //)
- linked lib*.so (avoiding duplicate //)

On installation of files we can add everywhere to the directories an extra / between all members, the directory will anyway be created and the file is installed into the correct place (install -D not have problems with //)

OK? Peter

--
Schon gehört? GMX hat einen genialen Phishing-Filter in die
Toolbar eingebaut! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/toolbar