Question concerning system-call wrapper routines

stl st.lambert02 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 08:52:13 UTC 2011

Hello all.

I am posting because I have a question concerning the architecture-dependent

wrapper routines for system-calls.

I am trying to compile a linux toolchain for a new architecture, so I am
porting uClibc.

When I was working on uClinux, I have already written the bits/syscalls.h
wrapper routines.

But now I am facing a problem with a recent release of uClibc, because the
wrapper routines
seem to have been replaced by a generic one (INTERNAL_SYSCALL_NCS macro).
During compilation, INTERNAL_SYSCALL_NCS is expected, and all the _syscall#
macros
seem to be not used.

But when I have investigate in the dependent code of some architecture, I
have seen that
the old fashion wrapper routines (_syscall#) are already used..

So is there a config option or something to do, in order to used the old
fashion wrappers
instead of INTERNAL_SYSCALL_NCS macro?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards