future merge

Peter Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Wed Jun 8 22:16:03 UTC 2011

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 14:22:11 -0700
> Von: Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com>
> An: Bernhard Reutner-Fischer <rep.dot.nop at gmail.com>
> CC: uclibc at uclibc.org, ps.m at gmx.net
> Betreff: Re: future merge

> On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 2:17 PM, Bernhard Reutner-Fischer
> <rep.dot.nop at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > master is now potentially open to
> > - merge future into master
> > - merge prelink into master
> > - merge ldso-future into master
> > (in this order).
> >
> > To do this, ideally one would bring future up to date, then merge it
> > back into master etc.
> >
> > Peter, do you see fit to
> > $ git checkout future
> > $ git pull --rebase (provided future is a proper tracking branch)
> > $ git push -v
> > $ git checkout master
> > $ git merge origin/future
> > # edit
> > $ git add some/thing
> > $ git commit -s some/thing
> > etc, etc?
> >
> > Current future would most likely conflict in e.g. longjmp impl i.e.
> > would need to be resolved after such merge (and i didn't look, TBH).
> >
> > Any takers? Khem, do you have time to explain and resolve that with
> > peter? Anybody else?
>
> I can merge the future branch into master carefully
> and also some patches that are on hold.
>
> Carmelo
>
> I think prelink branch should probably be merged in first.

I tried to not touch too much ldso stuff in future branch, so it should be possible to merge in prelink->future or reverse order.

ldso-future seems to have problems (I suppose it is due to the elfinterp_common.c code, more functions need adaption to changed format). I will see to redo that branch after the prelink commit omitting the commonized elfinterp code.

Peter