Missing ns_initparse

Daniel Mack zonque at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 19:35:30 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 12:04 PM, Daniel Mack <zonque at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok. Would it be an option then to add it? Reading the guidelines of
> this project, I'm not sure whether support for this functions are
> wanted at all because at least the implemenations found in NetBDS's
> libc is not particularily small. What's the verdict here? Can things
> be added as long as they're build conditionally? Are there any
> alternative aproaches to achive support for these functions? I'm sure
> connman is not the only program that fails to link against uClibc due
> to this.

No opinions? So I dare to propose an implementation :)

Attached is patch that is not yet meant for inclusion but for RFC
only. I can split it up into multiple smaller pieces once I know that
it's basically ok.

Some parts of the patch move symbols from libc to libresolv, according
to the header files they're defined in and also to bring it in sync
with what glibc does.

Also, I haven't done a lot of testing yet, and major parts are just
copied over from NetBSD's libc implementation and amended according to
uClibc's internals.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Daniel