Upgrading uClibc in uClinux distro

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Jul 8 07:22:00 UTC 2011

Le Thu, 7 Jul 2011 12:12:33 -0400,
Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo.org> a écrit :

> the "non-MMU" aspect makes no difference to the question.
> uClinux-dist provides a complete build system that easily generates
> rootfs/kernel images.  Gentoo embedded can do the same, but requires a
> lot more manual interaction as there is no glue today to make the
> process nice (like kconfig).  the upside is that Gentoo provides
> up-to-date packages for everything while uClinux-dist does not.

Coming back again with Buildroot, which both has a nice kconfig
interface *and* up-to-date packages (for most of them) and Blackfin
support. And I am personally interested in seeing more improvements
made to Buildroot to better support non-MMU arches.

Compared to uClinux-dist, I also think that Buildroot has a more active
developer/user community.

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons