Missing ns_initparse

Daniel Mack zonque at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 10:04:04 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 11:12 PM, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 6:17 AM, Daniel Mack <daniel at zonque.org> wrote:
>> Judging from uClibc's sources, support for these calls are entirely
>> missing, even though their prototypes exist in arpa/nameserv.h.
>>
>> Is anyone working on implementing this?
>>

> I dont think so

Ok. Would it be an option then to add it? Reading the guidelines of
this project, I'm not sure whether support for this functions are
wanted at all because at least the implemenations found in NetBDS's
libc is not particularily small. What's the verdict here? Can things
be added as long as they're build conditionally? Are there any
alternative aproaches to achive support for these functions? I'm sure
connman is not the only program that fails to link against uClibc due
to this.

Daniel