Upgrading uClibc in uClinux distro

Gilles gilles.ganault at free.fr
Thu Jul 7 00:01:49 UTC 2011

On Wed, 6 Jul 2011 10:11:24 +0200, Thomas Petazzoni
>FWIW, Mike has contributed patches recently to add Blackfin support to
>Buildroot. So Buildroot should be an alternative to uClinux to build
>embedded Linux systems for Blackfin based systems. The non-MMU support
>in Buildroot is still fairly new, but we are interested in fixing any
>problem that you may encounter.

Pardon my newbie question, but I thought Buildroot was just a set of
Makefiles to build an image that included the kernel and some
applications, ie. it wasn't specific to a Linux source code.

So what do you mean by "Buildroot should be an alternative to uClinux
to build embedded Linux systems"?

In the mean time, I'll check what Gentoo-embedded is.

Thank you.