UCLIBC_HAS_CTYPE_CHECKED option

Mandar Jog mandarjog at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 17:34:02 UTC 2011

There are 3 options to configure "the invalid arg behavior" for table
based ctypes in uClibc

UCLIBC_HAS_CTYPE_UNSAFE   --- "Do not check -- unsafe"
UCLIBC_HAS_CTYPE_CHECKED  --- "Detect and handle appropriately"
UCLIBC_HAS_CTYPE_ENFORCED --- "Issue a diagnostic and abort()"

it seems that option (2) is the best default.

When I run 'make menuconfig' the option chosen by default is (1)   ...
the unsafe option.
And the uClibc config that ships with BuildRoot has  option (3) as the default.

It seems like the option (2) should be used in production builds.
It also makes the behaviour compatible with glibc.

Can you someone shed some light on why this is not the case ?

Any reason why I should not use option(2) in a production build ?

Regards,
- Mandar