uclibc 0.9.32rc1 for cris architecture

Waldemar Brodkorb wbx at openadk.org
Sat Jan 15 11:57:26 UTC 2011

Hi,
Khem Raj wrote,

> On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 6:45 AM, Waldemar Brodkorb <wbx at openadk.org> wrote:
> > Hi Developers,
> >
> > I have a problem with 0.9.32-rc1 (with old linuxthreads) on my
> > Foxboard LX.
> > An older version of uClibc (0.9.30.3) works fine. After applying
> > following patches from
> > OpenWrt, I get 0.9.32-rc1 compiled:
> > https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/trunk/toolchain/uClibc/patches-0.9.32/150-cris_missing_syscall_include.patch
> > https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/trunk/toolchain/uClibc/patches-0.9.32/151-cris_add_sys_user_h.patch
> >
> > Starting a system from NFS does crash when calling mdev from
> > busybox.
> > After using git bisect, I found the bad commit
> > 711ad9f92c1cf992c4a3d9f4f709bd692be7789c.
> > Not only blackfin uses the new code, also cris pick it up. When I
> > revert the commit, everything
> > is fine again.
> >
> > Does anybody see the reason, why the code in trunk fails on cris?
>
> thanks for the report we should get these patches into rc2 and about vfork
> does cris has __NR_vfork or does it have __ARCH_USE_MMU__ defined and __NR_fork

libc/sysdeps/linux/common/vfork.c:14:2: warning: #warning __ARCH_USE_MMU__ is defined for cris
libc/sysdeps/linux/common/vfork.c:17:2: warning: #warning __NR_fork is defined for cris
libc/sysdeps/linux/common/vfork.c:21:2: warning: #warning __NR_vfork is defined for cris

All three symbols are defined. But the syscall method is used. (_syscall0(pid_t, __vfork)

> I want to know why the common implementation is failing rather than reverting it

Sure.

thx,
        Waldemar