A modest proposal: call it 1.0

Jian Peng jipeng at broadcom.com
Sat Feb 12 00:47:53 UTC 2011

My testing showed that protected symbol feature is still broken on MIPS. If you run cancel23 in testsuite, you can see it. I check ELF binary of libc and libpthread and attributes are expected, but not sure whether gcc I used really works nicely with ldso in rc2 in terms of protected symbol.
The inlined forwarder make debugging this to be very hard too.

I am using rc2 built with gcc-4.5.2. If any other can successfully run cancel23 on MIPS, please let me know which gcc you used.

Thanks,
Jian