Busybox uClibc link problem

Bernhard Reutner-Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 16:25:25 UTC 2010

Hi,

Initially the idea was to use the version in uClibc, but our impls have
diverged. I'll hide our internal version.

Thanks for the heads-up!

On 22 Nov 2010 12:11, "Philip Nye" <philipn at engarts.com> wrote:

I am statically linking busybox with uClibc in an m68k uClinux system
(busybox-1.17.3, uClinux from git a few days ago).

I find that uClinux has appropriated and modified some busybox library calls
- for example in parse_config.c, which it uses internally to parse
/etc/hosts.

When busybox gets linked, the linker is linking uClibc's internal calls to
these functions to the busybox version rather than to the uClibc version and
this understandably causes a SEGV crash when run.

I am not sure of the correct way to tackle this problem. I could go through
uClibc and rename these functions, but this would be fragile. My suspicion
is that I just need to tweak some linker flags but I'm not sure where.

Advice please?

Philip