Ok, it works. (Was Re: powerpc NPTL port)

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue May 11 18:07:08 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 11 May 2010 10:30:08 Khem Raj wrote:
> On (11/05/10 01:29), Rob Landley wrote:
> > Had to switch on several more things in your config to make the native
> > toolchain and busybox happy, but it built and ran.  And the native
> > toolchain in the system image built and ran a threaded test program
> > (/usr/src/thread- hello2.c), which seemed to work ok.
>
> cool. now you have the native build environment. Can you give a shot at
> running uclibc tests too. make -k check UCLIBC_ONLY=1

I can, but you can too.  It's just an emulator. :)

1) Install qemu-system-ppc (if you think you should already have it, but
don't, see http://impactlinux.com/fwl/FAQ.html#ubuntu_mispackaged_qemu for a
rant about Ubuntu being weird).

2) download and extract the system image, cd into the resulting directory.

3) run "./dev-environment.sh".

(I might get around to poking at the test suite tonight, but in the meantime I
have day job stuff to do...)

Rob