compiling libtirpc and rpcbind against uclibc-0.9.30.2

Natanael Copa natanael.copa at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 09:22:10 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 11:54 PM, Bernhard Reutner-Fischer
<rep.dot.nop at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 11:10:16AM +0100, Natanael Copa wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>I think the idea was to drop the rpc stuff from uclibc and rely on
>>libtirpc and rpcbind.
>
> indeed.
>>
>>I have been able to compile libgssglue, heimdal and libtirpc against
>>uclibc but i get a linker error when trying to compile rpcbind.
>>As I understand those are not implemented in uclibc, and never will
>>since we are supposed to rely on libtirpc and rpcbind.
>
> exactly.
>>
>>I would guess we have the following options:
>>
>>1. have libtirpc to use openssl for the crypto funcs
>>2. have libtirpc to use gnutls for the crypto funcs
>>3. implement key_encryptsession_pk, getnetname, cbc_crypt, ecb_crypt,
>>getpublickey and key_gendes in uclibc.
>
> I'd go for 1 or 2 (or vice versa).

Just wanted to share some progress here. It showed to be an issue with
libtircp and auth_des. By patching the makefile to libtirpc and simply
remove anything auth_des related things just worked.

Patches I needed are found here:
http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports/tree/main/libtirpc

--
Natanael Copa