Compiling in pure Thumb2 mode

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr
Sun Jan 24 22:08:27 UTC 2010

Bernhard, All,

On Saturday 16 January 2010 18:21:22 Bernhard Reutner-Fischer wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 01, 2010 at 01:28:35PM +0100, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
> > On the same idea...
> > Once upon a time (not so long ago...), there was the idea floating around [1]
> > that uClibc should not care about the specifics of the target CPU, and should
> > leave that to the compiler to decide. There even have been a mere attempt at
> > doing so [2] [3], and even a consensus (at the time) [4] [5] but the code did
> > not make it to the tree...
> I agree with Mike that it's cleaner to drop the mcpu/mtune stanza.
[--SNIP--]
> Can you provide an updated patch, please?

I'm so sorry, but I've been pretty busy on other subjects (preparing to
roll out a crosstool-NG release, preparing presenation for FOSDEM, getting
acquainted with git, and other stuff...).

I have patch series (for ARM, MIPS, i386, and avr32) I'll submit tomorrow,
but it's almost untested.

Sorry for the delay... :-(

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.