problems with sem_open

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Apr 22 14:40:06 UTC 2010

On Thursday 22 April 2010 03:18:06 Matthias Hofmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i tried -static-libgcc, but it had no effect. the dependencies are already
> there.
> the statically linked glibc libraries into my shared library causes the
> dependence on libc.so.6.

They shouldn't.  Static (*.a) libraries are just archives of not-yet-linked
object code.  They don't look in specific other libraries to find the objects
they depend on, that's found by the linker when they're used.

> uclibc are often built against the kernel headers of the target system
> during crosscompilation. i am going to test if this is the problem.

Kernel headers don't depend on a C library, C libraries depend on kernel
headers.  It goes the other way around.

When you link, feed gcc the -v option and it should show you want it's passing
to the linker.

In general, your linker path shouldn't include the directory containing
libc.so.6.  That's why the toolchains I build use ccwrap.c to rewrite the gcc
command line to completely eliminate the built-in paths and provide new ones.

Rob