master thaw [was Re: uClibc master is frozen in preparation of 0.9.31]

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Apr 17 05:30:04 UTC 2010

On Friday 02 April 2010 11:22:25 Bernhard Reutner-Fischer wrote:
> From NPTL on we will officially require a C99 compatible compiler to
> compile (just because the SINGLE_THREAD_P or however it's called is
> implemented in a distgusting way. Pity, isn't it, but heck. /me pets
> GCC ;)

The C99 spec is more than a decade old now.  Anybody who hasn't caught up yet
isn't going to because their build environment is dead and buried.  (Even
Tinycc is C99 compliant, except for complex types and vararrays.  But that's a
matter of being incomplete rather than noncompliant.)

It might be interesting to build uClibc with pcc or llvm/clang someday, but
neither compiler strikes me as entirely ripe yet...

Rob