[nptl] more stdout issues

Austin Foxley austinf at cetoncorp.com
Mon Apr 12 23:24:15 UTC 2010

On 04/12/2010 12:21 PM, Natanael Copa wrote:
> Smells like stdio is not threads safe?

Interesting. I supposed there could be an issue with the libc internal futex
code that replaces the old use of pthread mutexes directly. We could verify this
with a bit of work by getting the old style mutexes to compile correctly with
nptl enabled. If that fixes it, then it narrows down somewhat...

The other thing is that this might just be x86, as there haven't been reports on
other archs of these problems. Although maybe nobody else has tried it on
multi-core?

-Austin