uClibc with NPTL on ARM buildroot

Austin Foxley austinf at cetoncorp.com
Sun Apr 4 14:26:40 UTC 2010

On 04/03/2010 08:15 PM, Andrew Porritt wrote:
> I'm trying to compile a rootfs (for an ARM processor) using buildroot
> (2010.02) with uClibc that supports NPTL. It seems that if I select
> 'snapshot' as the uClibc version in the buildroot config, I can select NPTL
> as the threading library, but the version that buildroot downloads doesn't
> have the NPTL parts in it. So what I've tried is to download the latest
> version from the nptl branch from the Git repository, then rename it to
> uclibc-snapshot and place the archive in buildroot's dl folder.
> Unfortunately, when it tries to compile, I get these errors:

We recently made some changes on the nptl branch that breaks the way buildroot
builds uClibc. Until we patch buildroot (or revert the change in uClibc), you'll
want to use an older revision of the nptl branch to build in buildroot.

39548d72297a8c3d8d55e04b8240e4ce09913a82
Snapshot:
http://git.uclibc.org/uClibc/snapshot/uClibc-39548d72297a.tar.bz2

Sorry for the complication.

-Austin