[git commit] support building out-of-tree

Bernhard Reutner-Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 10:17:47 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 05:17:21PM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:

>>> Makefile:31: warning: overriding commands for target
>>> `../../extra/config/dochecklxdialog'
>>> /usr/local/src/uClibc/extra/config/Makefile.kconfig:154: warning: ignoring
>>> old
>>> commands for target `../../extra/config/dochecklxdialog'
>>>  HOSTCC-o extra/config/conf.o
>>
>> This is due to us using the makefile from the kernel while avoiding to
>>  touch it up (to make syncs easier).
>
>so you're going to fix it ? ;)

In reality dochecklxdialog is supposed to create tmp files in the
object dir. That somehow didn't work out for my RO src dir with O=
and thus i installed that override rule.

I think that this override should not be needed but i didn't see how
to voodoo it into behaving without it.
We'll have this revisited before anything off master is released, yep.