[git commit master] ldso/: tls support for dynamic linker

Joseph S. Myers joseph at codesourcery.com
Thu Oct 15 21:11:03 UTC 2009

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009, Austin Foxley wrote:

> On 10/15/2009 01:26 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > i dont know if you're merging this from somewhere or writing it yourself, but
> > this is full of style problems.  whoever is the source needs to fix their
> > behavior.  trailing whitespace, missing whitespace inline "if(", "char*",
> > etc...
>
> I'm just merging code that has been in the nptl branch for quite a while. I'm
> willing to work on any fixes you think are necessary though.
>
> > ignoring the blatant style problems, it seems to be mucking with hashing logic
> > that it doesnt understand all that well.  it reverts code for no apparent
> > reason screwing the FDPIC port pretty badly.
>
> That's unfortunate. Can you highlight which hunks are necessary for the FDPIC
> port? I'm not familiar with what is needed there.

"The" NPTL branch certainly once effectively had a lot of bogus reversions
of trunk changes, stemming from SVN's inability to track the state of
merges that had only merged some trunk changes but not others to the
branch.  I pointed that out over three years ago
<http://lists.uclibc.org/pipermail/uclibc/2006-August/037013.html>.  I had
thought however that whatever the descent of any present NPTL branch, such
issues had been fixed by now.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph at codesourcery.com