gethostbyname

Timothy Holdener tgh1138 at acm.org
Wed Oct 14 18:12:40 UTC 2009

On the device where I use uClibc, resolv.conf is created only after the
device receives a DHCP Offer.  If that doesn't occur, the device is
assigned a link-local address instead.  Only about 20% of our users
actually plug the device into a network, so approx. 80% of our users
do not have a resolv.conf file.

I see that a fix for the missing resolv.conf case has been checked in.
Thank you.