wine and dll linking

Natanael Copa natanael.copa at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 14:03:35 UTC 2009

Hi,

I got wine compiled and notepad.exe runs. I get errors when loading
windows dll's though.

/mnt/Setup.exe: '/home/ncopa/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/temp/nsk1ed0.tmp/System.dll' is not an ELF file
fixme:ntdll:FILE_GetNtStatus Converting errno -1208336632 to STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL
err:module:map_image Could not map section .text, file probably truncated

I traced that "is not an ELF file" message to uclibc. I'm not sure how
wine/glibc is working but I suspect that wine uses some features in
glibc to do the dll linking.

Since wine runs on other non-gnu libc's (bsd*) I was kinda hoping that
it would be possible to make it work with injecting an #ifdef __UCLIBC__
or similar some strategic places in wine code.

Anyone else got wine running on uclibc?

-nc