Function getdate() from time.h

Jorge Miguel Pereira Coutada Miranda jmpcm at aeiou.pt
Sun Oct 4 23:38:55 UTC 2009

Hello everybody!

I need to use the function getdate() from the header time.h, in order to convert a time string to a struct tm.

I tried to compile a project where I use it (compiles fine in Ubuntu 9.04) with uClibc 0.9.30 and gcc says this function isn't declared (toolchain for AVR32). I searched through the code and found that the getdate.c file isn't in directory uClibc-0.9.30/libc/misc/time! In file time.c, in the same directory, there is a TODO saying that this function needs to be implemented.

My question are:
 * isthere is any plan to implement this function briefly?
 * If there isn't, is it possible to compile the getdate.c from the glibc library directly?
 * Is there any major problem so this function isn't implemented in uClibc?

Thanks everybody!

jorge