nptl branch going away, use nptl_merge

Austin Foxley austinf at cetoncorp.com
Mon Nov 23 16:16:24 UTC 2009

On 11/23/2009 01:23 AM, Bernhard Reutner-Fischer wrote:
>> Good idea.
>> Is there something preventing a rename of nptl_merge ->  nptl now?

Not particularly. The only issue is that someone out there might try to
push to the 'nptl' branch, and it would fail/break. Pretty much a
non-issue now. I'll do the rename.

On 11/23/2009 01:29 AM, Carmelo AMOROSO wrote:
> IIRC, yes, ... all the code for cancellation handling is not yet merged.
> This is basically the only part deeply interleaved with not NPTL code,
> all NPTL/TLS/futexes are more self-contained.
>
> Austin, could you confirm ?

No, all that code (at least all that was in nptl to begin with), is
already in nptl_merge. You can look at commit 57e882354.
http://git.uclibc.org/uClibc/commit/?h=nptl_merge&id=57e882354

Do you have more that should be added?

Although I think you misunderstood his question. I think he was just
asking if we could rename the awkward nptl_merge to nptl.

-Austin